Impact Eco Challenge
- Gather your team of up to 6-8 members, ages 13-18. There must be at least two girls on your team. You must have at least one adult chaperone (they are not counted as part of your group of 6-8).
- If you’ve never raced before attend the information meeting on Thursday, March 10th, 6pm at Round Table pizza in Orangevale
- Attend the mandatory meeting for parents, volunteers and chaperones on Wednesday, April 20 at 6pm at the Joslin home. No athletes please at this meeting.
- Send in your registration, waivers (waivers found in the “Forms” section) and registration fees by April 1. Cost is $50 per athlete/$40 for each additional sibling athlete
- Review how to prepare.
- Train, train, train! Spend time as a team preparing and taking hikes together. Remember, this is an overnight endurance race.
- We suggest forming teams in which the athletes live in close proximity to each other as it makes planning training days more convenient.
- Don’t wait for the last minute to train. You should try to gather your teams on regular occasions to hike, run, exercise or complete team building tasks.
- Train with your equipment on your backs just as you would be carrying it in the race. It makes all the difference.
- Know (or get to know) your teammates. Understand each others strengths and weaknesses. This is very much a team oriented race…you will need each other. Working together and encouraging one another when you are tired or lacking confidence to finish is key to success.
- This is a FUN, but challenging race. Have FUN, but come prepared! You can do it and finishing the race is a huge accomplishment that you will remember forever!!